Today This Week Mark All as Read Feeds

Artician Staff
Zenko posted Jun 7 2010, 07:00 PM:
Artician Image

Anyone grabbing the new HTC Evo 4g? I am, this weekend.

I went this past friday to pick one up but sold out within a hour so just going to wait until the weekend to fully enjoy it. How about you? Let's start some discussion.

Links:
http://now.sprint.com/firsts/evo4g/
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/02/sprint-...rst-commercial/
Post 1
Artician Developer
KnightAR posted Jun 7 2010, 08:47 PM:
Henry's friend Ed is getting one, it looks like a sick ass phone. However, I want a slide out keyboard like my Droid.

--------------------
Artician Co-Founder / Site PHP & JS Developer
Post 2
Artician Staff
Zenko posted Jun 7 2010, 11:21 PM:
Yeah always enjoyed the slide out keyboard like my old phone use to have but will see how this one works out for me. I want to try out making android themes biggrin.gif
Post 3
Artician Developer
Akujin posted Jun 8 2010, 01:42 AM:
I envy you. I have a mytouch 3g (another android) which benchmarks a 4 compared to the Evo at 40+. (mflops)

--------------------
Artician Senior Web Development
http://akujin.artician.com
Post 4
MastahChef117 posted Jun 8 2010, 01:43 AM:
lol today at work I was privileged enough to hear two managers one being an AT&T eployee and the other was Sprint; battle it out with who's phone was better. It went from teasing, to heated debate in like 2 min flat.
Post 5
Artician Developer
Eric posted Jun 8 2010, 12:56 PM:
lol @ chef... Yeah I got the myTouch 3g like henry. It's time for a new phone, this thing is slow sad.gif

--------------------
Artician Developer Management
Post 6
Artician Staff
Zenko posted Jun 8 2010, 01:20 PM:
QUOTE(MastahChef117 @ Jun 7 2010, 11:43 PM) *

lol today at work I was privileged enough to hear two managers one being an AT&T eployee and the other was Sprint; battle it out with who's phone was better. It went from teasing, to heated debate in like 2 min flat.

Yeah I had my own little debate at work lol All about preference though.

Everyone upgrade to the Evo biggrin.gif
Post 7
moberemk posted Jun 8 2010, 03:02 PM:
Man I wish...but I a) live in Canada and cool.gif am stuck with a Blackberry Storm 1 for the time being. Ah well, maybe in two years...
Post 8
Artician Developer
KnightAR posted Jun 8 2010, 05:10 PM:
I would go to another network, but my family plan works for us. I only pay $50, and my parents pay $30 each ... It works for us. So I'll have to wait until Verizon comes out with the Droid Xtreme.

"Motorola's second Droid phone is going to be a Verizon-exclusive device that features a 4.3-inch screen, 16 gigabytes of internal storage, a speedy Snapdragon processor, and an HDMI port."
"The new phone is definitely sporting an 8-megapixel camera and an "HD Video" label around the lens indicates that it'll be able to shoot movies at a resolution of 720p at least."
"An alleged picture of the Xtreme's battery, posted to howardforums, places the 1500-mAh battery right in between the HTC Incredible's 1300-mAh battery and current aftermarket batteries that can jump up to 1700-mAh. It's a little bit skinner than the battery for Motorola's Droid 1 and, should, theoretically, have a longer charge."

I'm waiting for someone confirm its a slide out keyboard (pics or gtfo)

--------------------
Artician Co-Founder / Site PHP & JS Developer
Post 9
Artician Staff
Zenko posted Jun 8 2010, 08:44 PM:
Just like the evo brandon, nice! well not confirm yet but I'm sure those specs are going to be standard in no time.
Post 10

Creative Network

Creative Network

Your Creative Network is a self expanding customizable mashup of your friends, friend-of-friends, watchnet, and groups. Let Artician build your Creative Network.

Upgrade your QuarkXpress 8 - or use Indesign 5 to animate your documents.

Enhance 3D objects with Adobe Creative Suite 5 - use Lightroom 3 for superior noise reduction