Today This Week Mark All as Read Feeds

Butch007 posted Feb 18 2012, 11:42 AM:
I saw a giant billboard on one the Universal buildings last year when I was in L.A. The vibrant color and Seuss-ian design of the character Lorax definitely piqued my attention. Now I've seen the trailer and seen a few bits and pieces connected with other things at the movies etc. What's everyone's thoughts on this before it's released. Is the Lorax something that has neurons firing off in your brain or is it just children's fare from your standpoint? Also, did you see Horton Hears a Who? Like or dislike it?
Post 1
ryivhnn posted Feb 18 2012, 07:42 PM:
I want to get the book smile.gif

To be perfectly honest I'm kind of amused that they managed to mangulate and stretch out Cat in the Hat and Horton Hears a Who for movies, and this is extending to The Lorax. I actually enjoyed Horton but I think it was because of the 3d and the cute characterisation.

Also, I'm that out of the loop I didn't even know there was going to be a Lorax movie til after reading this.

--------------------
Everything is a matter of perception.

works at bekandloz || plays at technonaturalist
Post 2
Butch007 posted Feb 18 2012, 11:56 PM:
Yeah, it's interesting that you mentioned trying to find the book. I was a huge Suess fan as a kid and don't remember the Lorax, I kinda thought they just made it up. Actually I just googled the book, saw the cover and I do think I remember it. It's crazy the Lorax did actually look the same just not as vivid.
Post 3
Artician Developer
Kevjo posted Feb 20 2012, 10:54 AM:
I am quite interested in watching it, It has been a while since I saw a Seuss movie so keen to get back into it with this.
My only fear is that it may be too slapstick :S. I watched Hugo yesterday and I loved it, wish more movies were of that taste!

--------------------

Post 4
Butch007 posted Feb 24 2012, 11:55 PM:
QUOTE(Kevjo @ Feb 20 2012, 03:54 PM) *

I am quite interested in watching it, It has been a while since I saw a Seuss movie so keen to get back into it with this.
My only fear is that it may be too slapstick :S. I watched Hugo yesterday and I loved it, wish more movies were of that taste!

Kev since you saw Hugo, what initially made you want to see it in the movie theater? Did you see it in 3D? I'm trying to figure out whether I should see it now or wait for the home release as it's probably going to be out of theaters pretty soon. The only way I can see it in my area is in 3D and I'm not particularly keen on 3D with the goofy glasses in general. I always feel like I'm on the verge of getting a headache after one of those.
Post 5
Artician Developer
Kevjo posted Feb 25 2012, 12:36 AM:
QUOTE(Butch007 @ Feb 25 2012, 04:55 AM) *

Kev since you saw Hugo, what initially made you want to see it in the movie theater? Did you see it in 3D? I'm trying to figure out whether I should see it now or wait for the home release as it's probably going to be out of theaters pretty soon. The only way I can see it in my area is in 3D and I'm not particularly keen on 3D with the goofy glasses in general. I always feel like I'm on the verge of getting a headache after one of those.

I didn't watch it in 3D, I watched it in a private viewing at a local cinema as the owner is a friend of the family in a sense. I didn't really see any huge "3D cheese" moments.. where they clearly put such stuff into the movie just to put the tag "3D" on it.. If anything, the use of 3D would only be to add depth to some scenes.

What made me go watch it.. I'm a Scorsese fan, I love his work really.. and the trailer kind of had me hooked too. It's quite a light-movie in terms of screenplay, but the story behind it is so SO brilliant. It's all about the early days of film biggrin.gif.

If you're into the Seuss movies, i'd honestly advice you to go watch this - I'm also a sucker for the supporting actress in it.. She was "Hit Girl" in the Kick-ass movie.. of which is one of my all-time favs ^^.

Go watch it, or wait a little and watch it when its out on DVD!
Either way, you definitely need to watch ^^

--------------------

Post 6
Butch007 posted Mar 11 2012, 07:02 PM:
The Lorax BEATS John Carter of Mars! Ha! ...Ok, I do actually want to see JCM but still it's pretty cools to see the Lorax doing well.
Post 7
LakeofGlass posted Apr 8 2012, 06:04 PM:
I loved Horton but Lorax just doesn't thrill me. I'm not a fan of the animation in this one. I mean, anyone can see what they want, but I personally don't see the appeal in this one.

Hugo on the other hand I thoroughly enjoyed because I'm big on historical, steampunk, etc. And come on, it's all about imagination.

I just can't really watch anything in movie 3D. It gives me this horrible headache. sad.gif I get a little motion sick too. I get that way if something feels too "zoomed in."
Post 8
Artician Developer
Kevjo posted Apr 8 2012, 10:01 PM:
QUOTE(LakeofGlass @ Apr 8 2012, 11:04 PM) *

I loved Horton but Lorax just doesn't thrill me. I'm not a fan of the animation in this one. I mean, anyone can see what they want, but I personally don't see the appeal in this one.

Hugo on the other hand I thoroughly enjoyed because I'm big on historical, steampunk, etc. And come on, it's all about imagination.

I just can't really watch anything in movie 3D. It gives me this horrible headache. sad.gif I get a little motion sick too. I get that way if something feels too "zoomed in."

I truly loved Hugo, not had a chance to watch Lorax at the moment but I do plan to do so.
Hugo is just an amazing tribute to well.. Movies! Perfect cast too, Kingsley (sp) did an amazing job (for once).

--------------------

Post 9
LakeofGlass posted Apr 9 2012, 04:18 AM:
I've never seen a movie with him in it, minus Shutter Island. I guess that says it all, lol. (You spelled it right.)
Post 10

Creative Network

Creative Network

Your Creative Network is a self expanding customizable mashup of your friends, friend-of-friends, watchnet, and groups. Let Artician build your Creative Network.

Upgrade your QuarkXpress 8 - or use Indesign 5 to animate your documents.

Enhance 3D objects with Adobe Creative Suite 5 - use Lightroom 3 for superior noise reduction