Today This Week Mark All as Read Feeds

What are you reading?

MastahChef117 posted Jun 27 2011, 02:58 PM:
The Hundred Thousand Kindgoms Unsure how I feel about this book so far. It feels like it could be a very feminine book, but then again I am 56/3XX pages in, and its the first of the series.

When her mother dies mysteriously, outcast barbarian Yeine Darr answers a summons to the grand city of Sky from her grandfather, King Dekarta Arameri. Proclaimed one of three heirs to the throne of the Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, Yeine must learn the customs of the skyborne capital and its ruling elite before she succumbs to their treachery. Debut author Jemisin creates a mesmerizingly exotic world where fallen gods serve as slaves to the ruling class and murder and ambition go hand in hand.
Post 21
aquenan posted Aug 6 2011, 10:22 PM:
Kushiel's Dart

Amazing book--I ordered the other two books from the trilogy before I was even half through with the first. Awesome mix of fantasy, politics, and sensuality.
Post 22
MoebiusTrip posted Aug 8 2011, 06:48 PM:
I just finished The Long Emergency: Surviving the End of Oil, Climate Change, and Other Converging Catastrophes of the Twenty-First Century by James Howard Kunstler. A must-read for those of you who haven't thought much about crude oil & where it comes from.[size=3]
Post 23
hannesc posted Aug 9 2011, 11:56 PM:
All Tomorrows Parties - William Gibson
Post 24
alaskandarkangel posted Aug 14 2011, 02:34 AM:
I'm a religious gamer and movie-goer, but I make time to read a lot of books and even Fan-fiction. This week alone I've read 5 Fan-fiction and 2 novels. My favorites are romance, paranormal, suspense, drama and fantasy novels; I love only romance/drama Fan-fictions with interesting pairings. Yesterday night, I started re-reading Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon, and the day before I finished re-reading Dark Magic by Christine Feehan. In between, I read about 5 short Harry Potter Fan-fictions. I love reading because it's another place to escape the real world.

--------------------
"The dreams of magic may one day be the waking realities of science, but a dark shadow lies athwart the far end of this fair prospect. For however vast the increase of knowledge and of power, which the future may have in store for man, he can scarcely hope to stay the sweep of those great forces, which seem to be making silently but relentlessly for the destruction of all this starry Universe in which our earth swims as a speck or mote." ~ Sir James George Frazer 'The Golden Bough'
Post 25
bensmith0364 posted Aug 16 2011, 06:32 AM:
I am reading about how to invest money in Share Market...

--------------------
Post 26
aquenan posted Aug 19 2011, 09:48 AM:
I just finished Kushiel's Dart and started Kushiel's Chosen. I am in love with Jacqueline Carey's writing, and I know when I finish this trilogy, I'll have to start one of her other ones.
Post 27
Artician Developer
Kevjo posted Aug 19 2011, 10:03 AM:
QUOTE(aquenan @ Aug 19 2011, 03:48 PM) *

I just finished Kushiel's Dart and started Kushiel's Chosen. I am in love with Jacqueline Carey's writing, and I know when I finish this trilogy, I'll have to start one of her other ones.

Whats that about? tell me more.

I like Trudi Canavan titles and Song of Fire & Ice, so if its like those ill pick it up!

--------------------

Post 28
chaoskaizer posted Aug 20 2011, 01:04 PM:
Fuel by Jeremy Chin. Utterly Sad T_T

--------------------
know thyself
Post 29
godlessmachine posted Aug 23 2011, 02:27 AM:
The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre. Again.

--------------------
"That which does not kill us makes us stranger." -Trevor Goodchild
Post 30
hannesc posted Aug 23 2011, 02:36 AM:
QUOTE(godlessmachine @ Aug 23 2011, 09:27 AM) *

The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre. Again.

I'm actually about to start reading Necronomicon. I can't wait to get stuck in.
Post 31
alaskandarkangel posted Aug 24 2011, 12:21 PM:
I just started a Silloutte Intimate Moments called <i>Knight Errant</i>by Marilyn Pappano. I'm also reading chapter-by-chapter fanfiction. I'm actually reading a couple fanfiction as the chapters come up.

--------------------
"The dreams of magic may one day be the waking realities of science, but a dark shadow lies athwart the far end of this fair prospect. For however vast the increase of knowledge and of power, which the future may have in store for man, he can scarcely hope to stay the sweep of those great forces, which seem to be making silently but relentlessly for the destruction of all this starry Universe in which our earth swims as a speck or mote." ~ Sir James George Frazer 'The Golden Bough'
Post 32
EiceBleu posted Sep 17 2011, 09:01 AM:
Just finished off Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series.
Post 33
Butch007 posted Sep 17 2011, 02:33 PM:
Just finished a satisfying graphic nove, Conan: The Frost Giant's Daughter and other stories. I'll probably finally finish Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes" sometime this week. Might have to look into that Kushiel series. Since it looks like we have a nice group of fantasy/Science-Fiction enthusiasts does anyone listen to the Dragonpage podcast here?
Post 34
alaskandarkangel posted Sep 19 2011, 02:13 PM:
I'm catching up on a fanfiction, reading some Japanese History, and re-reading one of my favorite books in the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon: Acheron.

--------------------
Post 35
Butch007 posted Oct 19 2011, 10:13 AM:
Just started "SteamPunk" an anthology.
Post 36
2 Pages V<12

Browse Dashboard

Browse DashboardUse your browse dashboard to collect your favorite content on Artician. Add different criteria, tags, categories, and styles, and customize with custom groups.

Upgrade your QuarkXpress 8 - or use Indesign 5 to animate your documents.

Enhance 3D objects with Adobe Creative Suite 5 - use Lightroom 3 for superior noise reduction