Today This Week Mark All as Read Feeds

Father shoots son over Xbox 360 argument

kman posted Jan 7 2008, 04:18 AM:
A man has been arrested after shooting his son in the head over an Xbox 360 argument. The 17 year old boy asked his father James Stanley Niedosik, 60, to check out the graphics on a Xbox 360 game. The father refused and they started arguing. The son then handed his father a rifle and asked him to shot him, so the father did. The boy survived and is in hospital. The boys mother says police must have the scenario wrong and that it must have been accidental.

The boy ended up in Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest with a .22-caliber bullet lodged in his skull behind his ear. Niedosik ended up in Monroe County Prison on $250,000 bail, charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child.

A woman identifying herself as Jeanie Niedosik, James' ex-wife and the boy's mother, answered the phone at the Jackson Township residence Saturday evening.

''One's in jail, one's in the hospital,'' she said. ''I won't know exactly what happened until I talk to [my son]. He's incoherent yet; they have him heavily sedated.''

She said she wasn't present for the shooting but doesn't believe it unfolded the way police described.

''He did the shooting but it was an accidental thing that took place,'' she said.

News Source: mcall.com
Post 1
Artician Developer
Eric posted Jan 7 2008, 01:15 PM:
Wow, what the hell is wrong with people.

--------------------
Artician Developer Management
Post 2
Layz posted May 4 2009, 08:26 AM:
Yep, what the hell is wrong with people indeed. Before reading this I wasn't sure whether to get an XBOX 360 or a PS3 and now I'm going to get myself a PS3 for sure, without a doubt, definitely, 100%! ninja.gif
Post 3
Layz posted May 5 2009, 12:12 PM:
QUOTE(Akuseru @ May 4 2009, 04:30 PM) *

OMG the world's going crazy. And Lays, i suggest a 360 (;.

Thanks Akuseru! I may just have to rethink after hearing your suggestion biggrin.gif
I heard that the graphics on 360 were really good actually, this article's really
something though Hahaha
Post 4
StaticDischarge posted May 5 2009, 05:12 PM:
People these days are just driving me nuts.

And Layz, I say both, I have a PS3 right now, and plan on getting a 360.
Post 5
Layz posted May 6 2009, 01:04 AM:
QUOTE(StaticDischarge @ May 5 2009, 05:12 PM) *

People these days are just driving me nuts.

And Layz, I say both, I have a PS3 right now, and plan on getting a 360.

Hahaha yeah people these days, what more can we say right?
Thanks staticdischarge! I think there's a high chance of me doing that,
so maybe I'll get a PS3 first and THEN save up again and get a 360 then!! tongue.gif
Post 6
StaticDischarge posted May 6 2009, 10:56 AM:
We picked the PS3 first because we didn't have a blu-ray player, and we snagged it as a before christmas special 2 years ago...? We got a 80g and 15 free blu-ray dvds =3

After we pay off the air conditioner, we plan on tossing the elite on to one of our credit cards.
Post 7
MastahChef117 posted May 6 2009, 01:39 PM:
Damn video games, made this father a terrible father. We should abolish video games because there are psychotic people in the world. ITS ALL VIDEO GAME MAKERS FAULTS!!!
Post 8
kman posted May 6 2009, 04:18 PM:
God damn it now someone from Fox is going to quote you and sue me. Which means you now owe me money!
Post 9
Layz posted May 6 2009, 10:20 PM:
Oh snap, being a game designer and developer is one of my reasons for wanting to grow up! I mean, it's on my top 5 jobs I want when I'm older~ if they abolish video games I'd be out of a reason to live! hahahaha!! yeah I like to laugh at my own misfortunes tongue.gif Actually if we really want to get rid of the problem I suggest we try getting rid of the psychotic people first and if all else fails I guess I could sacrifice my life's goal. biggrin.gif
Post 10
MastahChef117 posted May 6 2009, 11:45 PM:
QUOTE(kman @ May 6 2009, 05:18 PM) *

God damn it now someone from Fox is going to quote you and sue me. Which means you now owe me money!

I am very sorry for your loss, and I give you my condolences. unsure.gif

I guess I should have included that I was being sarcastic.
Post 11
hannesc posted May 10 2009, 01:17 AM:
WTH?! Is our society really that bad?!
Post 12
tiderise posted Sep 3 2009, 08:34 PM:
this is interesting because I read an article about a 19 year old that shot both his parents after they took away halo 3. the mom was killed but the dad survived.
so yah. games can be bad apparantly
Post 13

Watch List

Never loose track of which users who are publishing your favorite content on Artician. Maintain a watch-list of users that you want to keep up with. Manage | See Activity

Artician Watchnet

Upgrade your QuarkXpress 8 - or use Indesign 5 to animate your documents.

Enhance 3D objects with Adobe Creative Suite 5 - use Lightroom 3 for superior noise reduction